Welcome to Highlands Integrative Pediatrics and the H.I.P studio. Thank you for your interest in this unique model for a pediatric practice. We are thrilled to be a part of the Highlands neighborhood as it has embraced the type of holistic thinking and approach to promoting wellness in children that we are hoping to foster.
I have come to firmly believe that there is a way to combine the best of natural and conventional healing in one center. We don't have to be eastern or western practitioners and patients. We can integrate the two and improve the health of our children and our family in a holistic way that treats each child and family unit as a unique and valued member of our practice community.
We can implement the best of modern science and evidence-based medicine by staying up with current guidelines and utilizing the most up to date diagnostic tools, protocols, medications and care strategies. We offer a full range of pediatric care including well–child check–ups, immunizations, and sick appointments. At the same time, we can learn from ancient and natural traditions that can benefit our children in ways that complement conventional care.
I believe in the power of the connection between a patient and their health care provider. With the genuine connection comes the potential to create a real shift in the course of a patient's health and well-being. This goal of connection is the guiding principle for the design and day to day operations of our practice.
We value accessibility of care and take as many insurance plans as possible. We are excited to create an intentional practice that fosters diversity in all its forms.
We are also attached to the H.I.P studio where we offer parent classes, workshops, and yoga for children and parents.
If this philosophy sounds appealing to you, we would be honored if you consider joining our practice family. Please continue to check back with us at this web address as we will be updating information on group meet and greets and logistical questions that many of you may have.
Thank you for considering joining the H.I.P family.
NOTE: Currently, we are on a temporary hold for patients looking to transfer into the practice and are only accepting newborns on a limited basis. Learn more here or call the office with further questions. Thank you!
What's New at H.I.P
- The next meet and greet is scheduled for Thursday, December 5th @ 5:30 with Kristen Freedman, CPNP and Tuesday, December 17th @ 5:30 with Lauren Welch, M.D.. We DO NOT do separate visits or phone calls, only group setting. Please plan accordingly. Make sure to pre-register no later then a month before your due date. If you pre-register less than a month before your due date, unfortunately we will not be able to see you.
- Video: help prepare your kids for painful procedures (shots or blood draws). Watch this video together
- Currently we are NOT accepting new transfer patients.
- Have a Health Share plan?
- School Forms?
- NON-PROFIT OF THE MONTH: Learn more about H.I.P.'s commitment to giving back HERE.
- November 27th, 2019 will be our last day for flu clinic hours. If you have not scheduled your appointment please call us at 720-583-4470 (option 1). Any flu shot appointments after November 27th, 2019 will be scheduled on our normal nurse visit schedule.
Upcoming Lecture Series with Abigail Foust, M.D.
- Solid Food Introduction, November 20th, 2019 from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Survival Tips for the Cold Season, November 21st, 2019 from 3:00-3:45
- For more information or to sign up, check out the Eventbrite link through our Facebook page "Highlands Integrative Pediatrics"
- Our office will be CLOSED Thursday, November 28th, 2019 ALL DAY and CLOSED a half day (from 12-5 p.m.) on Friday, November 29th, 2019
- Our office will be CLOSED a half day (12-5 p.m.) on Tuesday, December 24th, 2019 and all day Wednesday, December 25th, 2019
Hyland's Baby Teething Tablets
- Recently, the FDA released a statement that they are taking Hyland's Baby Teething Tablets off the market. At this time, HIP does not recommend parents using these tablets for their children. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at any time.